Why doesn't the Windows desktop app work when connected to a VPN?
It is possible that your VPN connection is interfering with Microsoft Store apps and access to the Microsoft Store. You can follow these steps to change the network settings in the Windows Group Policy Editor.
1. Open Run dialog box: click Win Key + R.
2. In the box, type gpedit.msc and click OK to open Group Policy Editor.
3. In the gpedit's window, double-click on Computer Configuration.
4. Select Administrator Templates > Network > Network Isolation.
5. Enable the following policies: Subnet Definitions are authoritative and Private Network ranges for apps.
6. Input your internal IP-subnet range: 10.0.0.0/8.
7. Save changes and close the program.
8. Restart PC.