How to check RadBeacon USB Firmware version
To check which firmware version you have for purchased Beacons from Simple In/Out you will need to download the free RadBeacon app from the iOS or Android app store.
Once you have the app installed on your device you can check the beacons for the firmware version.
- Unplug the Beacon you want to check. RadBeacon USB Beacons have a 30 minute lockout, so power cycling is necessary.
- Plug the Beacon into a supported power source (e.g. computer USB port or wall mounted power supply)
- Open the RadBeacon app and pull down on the screen to begin scanning for nearby Beacons
- The Beacon should show up in the list. It will be called SIO Beacon or RadBeacon USB. Only Radius Networks devices should show up in this list.
- The firmware version should be present in the list of Beacons. See image.