How do I create a Network?
- A user in the Administrator role must be the one to "Add a Network". Currently you can only add a Network from the Android app or the website.
On Android: Go to Settings -> Automatic Status Updates -> Networks to add one.
On the website: Go to the Networks tab
- When adding a Network, the Administrator will provide a Name and an SSID. The Name field will be used in Simple In/Out as the label for this network. The SSID field should match the name of the WiFi network (case sensitive) that you wish to allow users to update their status from.
- Once the Network is added, users with the permission to update their own status can enable the Network and receive the automatic status updates.
- My office WiFi network is "SMA WiFi" (Notice the lowercase 'i' characters).
- In Simple In/Out, I wish to allow my users to update their status automatically when they connect or disconnect from "SMA WiFi".
- I add a Network to Simple In/Out with the Name set to "Simply Made Apps Office" and the SSID set to "SMA WiFi".
- My users go into Simple In/Out and enable the 'Simply Made Apps Office' Network.
- When a user's phone disconnects from the "SMA WiFi" network, their status will be updated to 'Left Simply Made Apps Office'.
- When a user's phone connects to the "SMA WiFi" network, their status will be updated to 'Entered Simply Made Apps Office'.
Q: Why do I need an Administrator to add the network?
A: Similar to Geofences and Beacons, we want to make ensure that the administrator users get to decide what locations are allowed to be monitored.