Why can't I enable launching Simple In/Out at login?
If you're on macOS and you're trying to enable launching Simple In/Out Desktop on system startup, you may see this error when toggling the setting:
This is most likely because the app doesn't have the system permissions needed to modify system settings needed to add Simple In/Out to the login items. Update the security permissions in System Preferences:
- Launch System Preferences from the Apple () menu from the upper-left corner of your screen
- Click Security & Privacy from the available options
- Click the Privacy section at the top of the window
- Scroll the left side to find the Automation option
- Check the box for System Events.app under Simple In Out.app